Utilize Your Existing Database to get SMS Alarms, direct to your Operators
- Utilize your existing ClearSCADA database of alarms, users and setpoints to get notifications out to a multitude of operators’ devices without the need to manage a separate system
- Acknowledge alarms with user-specific codes, only if you choose to enable two-way communication
- Have peace of mind through SCADADroid®’s built-in communication overview, providing you with a secondary point to see all communication history for each device
The SCADADroid® R2+ can do this all while retaining its many robust monitoring features. Meaning you can still utilize Modbus TCP/IP communications to tie directly to a PLC or simply use the device’s on-board 8 digital inputs for any supplementary site-specific alarms. This, combined with SCADADroid®’s VPN Gateway capability give you the ability to change any SCADADroid® settings, or even provide secure access to other devices connected to it, remotely from the comfort of your office.
- SCADADroid R2+ SetupConnect the device to a local computer, log in through any major browser to the default IP Address (192.168.1.15)
- On the Overview page, ensure cellular connectivity exists and the signal is sufficient
- Change the device’s IP to one which aligns or doesn’t conflict with your existing network
- ClearSCADA Setup (in your existing database)Create a new SMS Service:
- Right Click > Create New > Pager > SMS Service
- Enable the Service: Click once on the new SMS Service and under the SMS Service Tab > Enable the ‘In Service’ checkbox > Enable the ‘Process Incoming SMS Messages’ checkbox> Click save icon in top left corner
- Create a new SMS Pager Channel: Right Click > Create New > Pager > SMS Pager Channel
- Link SMS Pager Channel to the created SMS Service under the: Click once on the new SMS Service and under the Channel Tab > Enable the ‘In Service’ checkbox > Click the ‘…’ button next to Pager Service, locate the SMS Service which you created in Step 1. and highlight it > Click OK > From ‘Line Speed’ select 115200 Bits/second > Change Modem Command to read “AT” > Click the save icon in the top left corner
- Change the connection type: Under the Connection Tab > Change Connection Type to TCP/IP > Under Host Address input the SCADADroid R2+ IP Address which you established in Step 3 of the SCADADroid Setup > Change the Port to 2002 > click the save icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Enable the SMS Service as a mode of notification for your contacts: Locate a user > Click once on the user > Under the Contact Information Tab ensure that the user’s phone number is present under ‘Pager ID’ > Click the ‘…’ button next to Pager Service, locate the SMS Service which you created in Step 1. and highlight it > Click OK > Enable the ‘SMS Commands’ checkbox
A helpful way to view the implementation is with the help of the ClearSCADA specific video on Reonix Automation’s YouTube channel.
ClearSCADA is a registered trademark of Control Microsystems, Inc.
SCADADroid is a registered trademark of Reonix Automation, Inc.